Well it’s the last quarter of the year, and we’re getting ready to set our goals for next year, but we still have a little time left and we wanted to give a quick update on our list. If you remember we’ve been doing this series throughout the year, as a way to better ourselves and our business by having goals to accomplish. Do you remember our original list? We also had our follow up when we did our last quarter as well.
With the holidays all around and the year coming to an end it’s time to take a look at what we’ve accomplished.
2. While we didn’t hire out for the business, Crystal and me both are working harder together so we can hold off a bit longer on having to hire someone to come in.
3. We made a huge decision last month…we’re switching to Apple! Why is this part of the home office makeover you ask? Because not only do Apple products really clean up the space but we’ve also been doing other things, getting more organized, planning our next ikea trip and it’s finally all starting to come into place.
7. It won’t happen this year, but we’ve already been err…preparing for this one. Can’t say more than that for now, just be excited! :)
8. This one definitely made the list, we’ve been working with some awesome people to bring more content and cool things for next year. :)
9. I’ll admit, we never got this one done. It’s one of those things where it’s out of sight out of mind and with a web business for the time being having expensive cards hasn’t been a priority for us.
Lifestyle & Personal Goals
11. I’m sad, this year I missed the deadline to get our book ordered, with the holiday cut off season being early I was never able to get this one done in time. It just means the book for next year will be twice as big!
12. We finally started this! A couple of months ago we started to look at land because we decided to build. The perfect spot hasn’t come up for us yet, but this is a huge step in the right direction and one that we’re definitely going to take our time with. As much I personally hate to rent, the time and effort to wait to get exactly what we want will be well worth it.
14. Fail, I haven’t made time for art projects of this sort this entire year, although me and Crystal both have been taking to lots of holiday pinterest projects, which turned out great!
15. We got to visit our family and rented some cabins a couple of months ago, we had such a great time, we did get to spend a lot of time outdoors and we’re actually glad we didn’t camp outside this time, because the weather got the best of us one of the nights and some people with tents got flooded in the night.
16. Time wasn’t right for this one, for such an expensive trip we decided to hold off until we can get the house situation figured out.
17. We decided before we do this one that we’d both like to lose some weight, and start being a bit more healthy, it’s an agreement we both decided on as a compromise, so this one will come and I’m excited for it. We’ll definitely post up the images here once that’s done!
19. Due to a few canceled shows and Blink visiting Europe this year I missed our closest shows this year. Hopefully next year we’ll be set to go for this one.
Year in Review...
I’d say for the year we did pretty good. We’ve definitely honed in our list and goals for next year, which we’ll have up in January, but I don’t think we’ll be doing only 20 after this for sure. There’s too many goals we want to accomplish and we’d love to not have to limit ourselves to just a few things. We also accomplished things I wanted to do but wasn’t on the list.
- Ran a 5k (mud run) did it in 45 degree temperatures in water WITH Cystic Fibrosis. It was incredibly hard, but I made it to the finish line with our team.
- Went horseback riding twice this year
- I quit second shooting weddings finally, last year when I quit shooting photography I had already agreed to shoot for the rest of the year, being a man to my word I shot every single one, and finished the last one last month.
- We moved to a bigger, nicer place in a better part of town. While we’re still renting, it’s been a huge blessing in our lives this year.
- After many years of looking we finally found a christian church that is right for us, we’ve been going regularly for the past couple of months
- I personally lost 20lbs since August and have managed to keep it off. I was a little overweight and it was decided that to better my health it was best to lose it, we both agreed to both try harder to be more active and lose weight without a ton of exercising or ridiculous diets. I think this is something we’ll be working on all of next year.
- Crystal has been doing well at the salon, we’ve even started talking about her having her own salon in a few years!
- We’re switching to Apple/Mac! Nuff said there…still waiting on our new iMac to come in. :)
We’ve learned quite a few things over the last 12 months, what we can and can’t accomplish together, looking back at our failures and our accomplishments is such a good thing to do though, but it’s been a really great year for the business, our family and health. We only both agreed that it went way too fast!